Medical Student Affairs (MSA) is located in the VanNuys Medical Science Building. The registrars office is located in MS 162 is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
MSA Registrar — 317-274-1973
For individual contact information, please see the MSA staff page.
IU Health Physician Education (covers all your health systems access such as CareWeb, Cerner, etc.)
Please go to Financial Aid webpage for more information.
Email and Pager Information
Keep your IUPUI email address after graduation
Pager Service — Who to contact, manuals, etc.
Milestones and Events
Schedule of Milestones
Fourth-year schedules are highly individualized. Even time-off for major holidays is determined by each clerkship.
|June||Begin fourth year|
|September||MSPE letters from advisors due|
|February||Deadline for NRMP registration and rank order list|
|May||Class of 2016 Commencement|
- Residency Resource Portal —a collection of links, data, and reports that provides a good starting point for your residency search and application
- NRMP Results and Data - 2013 Main Residency Match
- Roadmap to Residency — Entering the Home Stretch
- NRMP — National Resident Matching Program, a private, not-for-profit corporation established in 1952
- ERAS — Electronic Residency Application Service, a program of the AAMC
- ERAS Frequently Asked Questions
- FREIDA — FREIDA Online is a database with over 8,700 graduate medical education programs
- Careers in Medicine — a career planning program designed to help you choose a medical specialty and select and apply to a residency program - an AAMC student site
- Top 10 list of Tips on Surviving ResidencyThe IU Alumni HOST Program provides free housing in residency interview cities and supplies local insight, networking and mentoring.
- You may wish to look at the residency pages at Careers In Medicine — an AAMC Website.
- Electives Book 2015-2016 — IUSM's comprehensive publication about electives.
- AAMC Electives Compendium — searchable database of elective opportunities at AAMC-member US medical schools.
- Core Clerkships
- Step 2 CS: Hard-Won experience — Advise from a student who took the test multiple times, not an official guide
- Objectively Structured Clinical Exams (OSCEs)
- Third World Medicine — Kenya Program
- Faculty Advisors
- Health & Disability Insurance
- MS IV Elective Change Form
- MS IV Special Elective Request Form
- Change Personal Information — address, name, birth date, or student ID number.
- Printing subsidy — Part of the student technology fee at the IUSM–Indy campus is used to offset students’ printing costs. Third and fourth year students receive an allotment of 200 pages each. You can use your Jagtag (student ID) to print for free in the Medical Library and in MS016A. When your subsidy is almost exhausted, notify Card Services to switch to your own funds. (The switch-over doesn’t happen automatically until you hit zero, and when it does, you could lose printing capability until the next morning.)