Problems accessing Health Systems? (CareWeb, Cerner, Gopher)
Schedule of Milestones
Fourth-year schedules are highly individualized. Even time-off for major holidays is determined by each clerkship.
|June 1, 2012||Begin fourth year|
|September 17, 2012||MSPE letters from advisors due|
|February 2013||Deadline for NRMP registration and rank order list|
|March 15, 2013 (tentative)||Match Day|
|May 11, 2013 (tentative)||Class of 2013 Commencement|
- Electives Book 2012-2013 — IUSM's comprehensive publication about electives.
- To get an idea of the locations of the electives and their enrollment capacities by month, see the 2012-2013 Electives Enrollments page of the Electives Book.
- AAMC Electives Compendium — searchable database of elective opportunities at AAMC-member US medical schools.
- Core Clerkships — 2012-2013
- Step 2 CS: Hard-Won experience — Advise from a student who took the test multiple times, not an official guide
- Objectively Structured Clinical Exams (OSCEs)
- Third World Medicine — Kenya Program
- Faculty Advisors
- Submit a Competency Project
- Database of Competency Curriculum (DoCC) — UME
- Residency Resource Portal —a collection of links, data, and reports that provides a good starting point for your residency search and application
- Results of the 2010 NRMP Program Director Survey
- Roadmap to Residency — Entering the Home Stretch
- NRMP — National Resident Matching Program, a private, not-for-profit corporation established in 1952
- ERAS — Electronic Residency Application Service, a program of the AAMC
- FREIDA — FREIDA Online is a database with over 8,700 graduate medical education programs
- Careers in Medicine — a career planning program designed to help you choose a medical specialty and select and apply to a residency program - an AAMC student site
- Top 10 list of Tips on Surviving Residency
The IU Alumni HOST Program provides free housing in residency interview cities and supplies local insight, networking and mentoring.
- You may wish to look at the residency pages at Careers In Medicine — an AAMC Website.
- Health & Disability Insurance
- MS IV Elective Change Form
- MS IV Special Elective Request Form
- Change Personal Information — address, name, birth date, or student ID number.
- Disabilities Accomodations Policy
- Printing subsidy — Part of the student technology fee at the IUSM–Indy campus is used to offset students’ printing costs. Third and fourth year students receive an allotment of 200 pages each. You can use your Jagtag (student ID) to print for free in the Medical Library and in MS016A.
When your subsidy is almost exhausted, notify Card Services to switch to your own funds. (The switch-over doesn’t happen automatically until you hit zero, and when it does, you could lose printing capability until the next morning.)
— including details and deadlines —