Congratulations on your admission to the IU School of Medicine! We wish you great success in your medical training.
These pages will help to guide you through preparations for matriculation. Be sure to check regularly for new postings.
Checklist of Activities Leading Up to Matriculation
- Receive letter of acceptance from IUSM Admissions.
- Your status in the IU Computer system will change from applicant to admitted. (This may take several days).
- In the meantime, follow these links to get excellent background information:
- Why should you create an IUPUI email address and direct it to Exchange email?
Key communication from IUSM will be routed EXCLUSIVELY to your IUPUI Exchange email address. By July 1, our transition will be complete and we will no longer send any official email to your outside email address.
How you go about setting up your computing accounts depends on your history or lack of history with IU. The Computing Access for New Students page will guide you through the process.
To use your new IUPUI Exchange email, go to http://www.exchange.iu.edu.
- Apply for financial aid (317-274-8568).
- Very likely, you will want to purchase a laptop. (At the IUware site, a wide range of software is availabe for free download by students.)
- Plan your move.
- During this transition, please provide up-to-date contact information to Medical Student Affairs (317-274-1970).
- Print the Health Evaluation and Immunization forms, have them completed by your physician and send them to the address specified on the form
- Oncourse is the course management system used by the IU School of Medicine. In early July, we will notify you by email that your Oncourse access is ready. At that time, login to test your access and to find out more about orientation.
- Attend orientation August 9 and White Coat Ceremony August 10, 2013.
- Registration/Due Date: The Medical Student Affairs Office will not register you for fall courses until late July or early August. Bills are electronic; a paper bill is not mailed. A notification is sent to the student's IUPUI email address letting them know a bill is ready for pick up. The balance of the student account, their current bill, plus their electronic bill history can be viewed by the student or their designated third party via the OneStart portal. Only students whose financial aid does not fully cover all of their medical fees will receive an electronic notification. This notification is scheduled to be sent on August 3 and will carry a due date of August 17. An itemized bill will be available for all students via OneStart after the first Tuesday of August.
- Looking way beyond...For an overview of your four years of medical school and where it leads, take a look at the Roadmap to Residency.