Mentoring and Student Development sponsors events through the school year. Each one is associated with a major transition in the medical students' progress through medical school.
|White Coat Ceremony|
- In August, Orientation introduces new students to the program and to each other.
- Orientation culminates in the White Coat Ceremony.
- Toward the end of the second year, usually June, students participate in Third-year Orientation, which prepares them for the second phase of medical training, including clinical rotations.
- Early in the fourth year, students are invited to participate in mock interviews, a simulation of what they will experience as they apply for residencies.
- In March, fourth-year students learn the results of the residency matching program — and enjoy letting off steam.
- Senior Banquet precedes graduation and includes a keynote address, awards, and plenty of good food.
- Graduation takes place in May and is always very well-attended!
- Each year we recognize the Medical Student Council at the "Student Leadership Appreciation Reception".
- Students volunteer their time and artistic talents at "Evening of the Arts".