International Guest Students
Any final-year student approved by the administration and contact person at a school listed below is eligible to apply for guest student elective study at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
YOU MUST ATTEND A UNIVERSITY LISTED BELOW:
- All Canadian LCME Accredited Medical Degree Program Schools
- Sun Yat-Sen University, China
(Contact Ling Liang at email@example.com)
Eight items are required to complete the application process. Processing of your request will be delayed if these eight items are not enclosed with your application.
- $100 per elective non-refundable application fee made payable to Indiana University.
- A completed application and letter of introduction noting final year status and good standing from student's school.
- An official transcript.
- Verification of Student Health Insurance (copy of up-to-date insurance card or company statement.) If you do not have insurance you must purchase coverage once you arrive.
- Verification of Student Immunization Record (we recommend use of attached form).
- Proof of Malpractice Liability Insurance (including coverage levels).
- HIPAA Privacy Training Summary Checklist (Print document and return with application.)
- Proof of $1,300 available funding per month of visitation.
The completed application is due no later than twelve (12) weeks prior to the start of an elective. NO exceptions will be made.
Approval of an application will be based on the following guidelines:
- Guest students will be placed in their requested electives as available. Generally, overloads will not be approved.
- Elective units at Indiana University School of Medicine are scheduled from the first to the end of the calendar month. Generally, electives will not be considered for periods of study less than 30 days. All electives usually start the first day or Monday of the month and last no longer than till the last day of the month.
Upon receipt of the Course Administrator's approval, the Dean's Office will send a notice of tentative acceptance to the student outlining his/her appointment for the first day, which you can use for Visa purposes. Please include your most up-to-date current address on the application. Written acceptance from the student is required in order to confirm the elective.