IU School of Medicine, IU Health, VA & Wishard Hospitals
Methodist, University Hospital, VA and Wishard provide pager service as a courtesy to the IU School of Medicine for the benefit of individuals who rotate among the hospitals. Service personnel are employees of the respective hospitals. Service is available during business hours at the service locations.
- University Hospital (UH 1462), (317) 948-4563, Hours: 9am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri (Karen Lampert is your main contact person for programming info, repairs and exchanges)
- Methodist (E 708), Phone: 962-3460, Hours: 9am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri
- V.A. Hospital (I.S. Dept.), Phone: 998-4056, Hours: 8am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri
- Wishard (M 201),Phone: 630-6671, Hours: 8am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri
- Wishard (M212A), Phone: 639-6671, Provides after-hours service for Wishard & SOM.
IUSM Medical Student Affairs Staff Contact: John Keller – email@example.com – 274-2264 - MS 118
Medical Student Affairs staff coordinates the organization and delivery of pagers. All questions regarding programming and/or malfunctions should be directed to a service provider above.
Defective, Lost or Broken Pagers: Contact John Keller if you have lost the pager; Karen Lampert or a service location if it is defective or broken. Pagers are replaced with the same pager number in just a few minutes. A deductible ($50.00) is charged for lost/damaged beyond repair pagers. These are the pagers the graduating class just returned and have not been tested, so if the pager does not work, even after installing a new battery, please see Karen Lampert.
Graduating, Transferring or Withdrawn Students: Return of the pager is necessary upon graduation, transfer or withdrawal from Indiana University School of Medicine. Failure to do so will result in a fee of $50.00. Diplomas will be withheld until pager or payment is received. You may continue using a personal pager if you have one, but school and departmental staff will only use IUSM pagers to contact you.
After-Hours Loaner Pagers: For on-call emergencies – intended as an interim solution until service can be obtained.
- University Hospital – Emergency Room – See the Charge Nurse
- Methodist Hospital – Call Center (operator) – 962-2000
- Riley Hospital – Emergency Room - See the Charge Nurse
- VA Hospital – Call Center (operator) room C1002 – 988-0000 x5034
- Wishard Hospital – Call Center (operator) – 639-6671
Text Message Via Email: Brief messages up to 230 characters can be sent via email to SBC Ameritech alpha pagers. Send message to firstname.lastname@example.org (xxxxxxx = 7-digit pager number of person you wish to contact.)
User manuals for all alpha-numeric (text) pager types can be found at http://www.americanmessaging.net/paging/product_archive.asp#2way. Your pager model type can be found on the back of the pager (Both Titan II and III models use the same manual – See Titan III manual at the above website.)